Count Dracula is the ghost of a Transylvanian count who turned himself into a vampire before his mortal death. Eventually his material vampire form was killed and his ghost retired to the Haunted Mansion. His painting portrays him as a pale man with dark slicked back hair and rodent-like facial features. He wears a long black robe and holds a lantern in front of a stone chamber which contains his black coffin and a lit candle.
In the rides
Much like the other Sinister 11 portraits, Dracula's portrait features the "staring-eyes" effect which was accomplished by painting pupils on ping-pong balls cut in half. The eyes were cut out and the balls were set behind the portrait and lit, giving guests the impression that they are moving.
- Concept art shows that Tokyo Disneyland's version of the Mansion was going to include a "Burial Crypt of Famous Villains" where his tomb would be seen next to Nero, Jack the Ripper, Bluebeard, Medusa, and Attila's. In the end, this was decided against.
- Like the Witch of Walpurgis, the Ogre, and the arsonist he was originally going to be a changing portrait but instead he wound up as one of the Sinister 11.
- Along with being a famous Supernatural Fictional Figure (Similar to Medusa or the Flying Dutchman) it also very possible that he is also a historic figure (similar to Jack the Ripper or Great Caesar's Ghost) as in real life history Dracula was a 15th Century Wallachian Warlord named Prince Vladislav III Dracula or "Vlad the Impaler".
- While this was made clear in the original concept art, not all fans deduced that the vampire was none other than Dracula himself as shown by merchandise from the 1970's identified him as "Morris".
- In the unnoficial Ghost Gallery storyline he was implied to have been a mortal English man named Nicholas Crown who was the secret lover of Little Leota. Nicholas convinced his lover's fiancee Jamie (who would later become the Coffin Occupant) that he was in fact a vampire and he than proceeded to bite his neck as to convince Jamie that he was now a vampire as well. Jamie then willingly hid from the sunlight inside of a coffin which his fiancee then nailed him alive inside so that she could be with Nicholas.