"Hurry back! Hurry back! Be sure to bring your death certificate, if you decide to join us. Make final arrangements now! We've been dying... to have you..."
Little Leota, also known as the Ghostess is one of the ghosts haunting the Haunted Mansion.
The Ghostess is very small being only around the size of a doll. She wears a white satin dress with a long, non transparent veil of the same material. She has visible long blue hair and glowing pale blue skin. She is often seen holding a bouquet of dead flowers which gives her the appearance of a bride.
In the Attraction Edit
She appears in the exit crypt in all versions of the Haunted Mansion where she stands atop the ledge of the crypt holding a bouquet of dead flowers as she invites the guests to "Hurry Back". In the Disneyland version of the attraction she is found off to the side of the crypt as guests ride the upramp while in DisneyWorld and Tokyo Disneyland she appears when the guest's Doom Buggy passes through the crypt and into the exit area. Her voice and face were both provided by imagineer Leota Toombs which has earned her the semi-official name of Little Leota.
- In the original 1969 blueprints she was identified as "Talking Girl" and "Small Female Figure with blowing clothes" while the maintenance checklists refer to her as "Small Girl".
- Her official name is a combination on the words ghost and hostess and comes from narration from the Ghost Host which says,"Well, if you should decide to join us, final arrangements may be made at the end of the tour. A charming ghost'ess will be on hand to take your application". This dialogue also hints that she is affiliated with the Ghost Relations Department.
- Her semi-official name comes from her actress Leota Toombs who also provided the face of Madame Leota.
- She shares her semi-official name and actress with the character of Madame Leota. Only the Ghostess's voice and face were provided by Leota Toombs while only Madame Leota's face was that of Leota Toombs since her voice was provided for by Eleanor Audrey.
- Her animatronic figure is dressed to look like a bride while in merchandise her outfit is made to look like a white cloak instead. This is most likely to avoid confusion of the character with Constance Hatchaway and the Beating-Heart Bride
- During the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay, the Ghostess is replaced with Sally Finkelstein who watches "Santy Claws" fly his sled in front of the moon as she waves and thanks him from afar.
- In Phantom Manor she is replaced by Melanie Ravenswood and her lines in the exit crypt are,"Revenez, revenez! Vous venez à peine d'arriver, et je me meurs de solitude" or translated,"ome back, come back! You've just arrived, and I'm dying of loneliness".
- In the Ghost Gallery storyline the Ghostess was the daughter of Madame Leota and it is hinted that her father was Master Gracey. She was said to have been a talented medium like her mother with a keen interest in death and a murderous sense of humour having been the one who killed the Coffin Occupant and the Quicksand Men. In this version she died by drowning in a river which shrivelled her body to the size of a doll.
- The semi-official name Little Leota has lead some fans to name her Lillian Leota since Lillian is a form of the name Lil which is a play on lil' which means little.