The Haunted Mansion is a franchise owned by the Walt Disney Company. The franchise originated with the eponymous dark ride that opened in Disneyland's New Orleans Square in 1969, one of the last Disney theme park attractions overseen by Walt Disney himself.
Items contained in the franchise
- The Haunted Mansion: the original 1969 dark ride located in Disneyland.
- The Haunted Mansion: a slightly different version of the same ride, which opened two years later at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World.
- The Haunted Mansion: a very similar reproduction of the Walt Disney World Mansion that opened in 1983 in Tokyo Disneyland.
- Phantom Manor: A reimagining of the Haunted Mansion that opened in 1992 in Disneyland Paris (then known as Euro Disneyland).
- Mystic Manor: Another reimagining of the Haunted Mansion that opened on May 17, 2013 in Hong Kong Disneyland.
- Haunted Mansion Holiday: In October 2001, a Christmas overlay of the original Haunted Mansion debuted in Disneyland, themed after The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Haunted Mansion Holiday Nightmare: Another, very similar Nightmare Before Christmas-themed overlay, opened in September 2004 in Tokyo Disneyland.
- Haunted Happenings: A merchandise book featuring Mickey Mouse and friends visiting the Walt Disney World Haunted Mansion.
- The Haunted Mansion: A non-canon Slave Labor Comics line of comics anthologies.
- Disney Kingdoms: The Haunted Mansion: A Marvel five-issues-long story arc published in 2015.
- The Haunted Mansion, a 2003 live-action film based on both American versions of the ride, starring Eddie Murphy as a hapless mortal real estate agent who tries to buy the Mansion, not knowing it is haunted.
- Haunted Holidays: A short web-series starring a CGI Hatbox Ghost against live-action backgrounds, released in 2009.
- An Unproduced Haunted Mansion Film planned and cancelled in the 1990's.
- An Upcoming Haunted Mansion Film set to be directed by Guillermo Del Toro, announced in 2010, said to feature the Hatbox Ghost in a pivotal role.
- The Haunted Mansion: A 2003 video game set in its own continuity, closer to the ride than the movie released in the same year.
- The Haunted Mansion: The Black Widow Bride: An Internet game centering on thwarting Constance Hatchaway.
- The Ghost Post, an interactive event in 2016 with its own storyline, apparently considered canon to the ride.
- The Ghost Gallery, a collection of unofficial backstories for the Mansion's characters, written by Walt Disney World Cast Members. Completely non-canon, but certain elements influenced the 2003 film and the SLG comics, among other things.